Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

experencing some sinus pain and headaches. Can surgery fix it?

Hi I just had a ct scan and mra scan of the brain. I was experencing some sinus pain and headaches. These are my results : Tortuos and dilated supraglenoid segment of the right internal cartoid artery. The origen of the right middle cerebral artery is very tortuous giving abnormal appearance of the recent post contrast ct scan of the brain. Absent A1 and A1 segments of the right internal cartoid artery. Right Anterior Cerebral Artery has a direct origin on the left side. No aneurysm is identified. Probable small posterior arachnoid cyst. I am being sent to a neurosurgeon . I am 26 year old male. I am scarred out of my wits. Is this serious? Do I have to have surgery? Can surgery fix it? Will this condition shorten my life? Do you think there will be complications in the future? Was I born this way? Please Help!!!
Asked On : Wed, 8 Dec 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  173
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Nephrologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query

You have some abnormality in the vessels. U might not require surgery for this at the moment but it is best dicded by the neuro surgeon. This condition wont shorten your life span unless complication occurs secondary to tortuosity of the vessel.
Relax. It is going to be alright
I hope u r receiving medicines for the headache
Have a healthy living
Answered: Thu, 25 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor