Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

continuous sharp pains under the rib cage, no fever, vomiting, addicted to smoking, aerated drinks

I am having a sharp pain right under the right side of my body just under the rib cage about an inch down. It starts almost exactly on the middle of my side and continues up where my rib cage curves. I have had this pain for about a month. No fever vomiting or any other symptoms but the pain is getting worse. I am 33 smoker drink mostly coke and rarely drink alcohol.
Asked On : Sat, 26 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  130
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Addiction Medicine Specialist 's  Response

The main organs in the area you have described are the liver and the gall bladder. Although you do not drink alcohol much, excessive use of soft drinks can also cause liver damage. An ultrasound examination of the abdomen can help detect liver damage and gall stones, if any. Another possibility is that you might have injured a muscle. Since the pain has been worsening, you should see a doctor at the earliest so that a proper diagnosis can be made.

Best wishes.
Answered: Fri, 19 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor