Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

cholesterol is 32 ,is that risky?

im male 40 years old and all my levels were in good numbers but my good cholesterol was on 32 ,is that risky?
all my tryglicerides, bad cholesterol(180), sugar etc were in normal numbers, only my good cholesterol was on 32 and the minimum is 40, am i in risk?
Asked On : Sat, 19 Dec 2009
Answers:  2 Views:  447
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
  User's Response
HDL below 40 is considered a risk factor for heart disease. The best way to increase it is through excercise. If that fails, there are drugs like Niacin. But usually, excercise is enough in young people. Good luck...
Answered: Sat, 19 Dec 2009
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
Your HDL cholesterol is 32,it is fine,
Your LDL is very high 180,this is a risk factor.
Go for regular exercise like walking,swimming,daily for 30-40 mnt for 5 days in a week will reduce your LDL.
Avoid fried,fatty and junk food.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Fri, 26 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor