chest pain during cough.

when ever i cough or take a deep breath I get a stabbing pain in my upper right chest
Wed, 13 Apr 2011
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,   ,  
It can be inflammation of pleura, or can be some muscular pain.
Consult a general Physician, and if possible get an XRay Chest done
Dr. Ashutosh Thigale's  Response
Its a musular paining.Apply warm cocconut oil mixed with some sault on chest at your bed timing at least for 7 days.
General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
Hi mary;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
The pain in right upper chest when you cough or deep breath can be a muscular pain;due to costochondritis or due to some internal infection like pneumonia;TB etc.But since you have not mentioned any other symptom it can be more of a muscular pain.Just in case if you have fever;cough for more than a week please get examined & treated or else just a simple pain killer will reduce the pain if it is muscular.
Thanks