can your blood sugar level go from 78 to 287 in one hour without eating ?

my husband is a 31 year diabetic ,for three years now.
Wed, 16 Dec 2009
Treatment/Therapy
  Anonymous's Response
's  Response

yes, it can.

i am 34 years old , last night i had dinner at 8pm , checked my sugar random at 11pm after 3 hours and it was 99 , then without eating or drinking anything i went to sleep woke up at 7am and checked fasting after almost 11 hours and it was 110. my question ,why my fasting is higher then last night random even after not eating anything through out the night.

I tested my blood sugar upon waking and it was 188 (I know this is high, I m newly diagnosed and still working to get my BS into normal range). I wasn t hungry so I didn t eat right away and tested my blood sugar again before eating about an hour later. This test had a result of 213. What would cause this jump in blood sugar without eating? I am not taking any medications at this time.

Hi I checked my blood sugar level in the morning without eating anything. It was 6. I also checked my blood sugar level yesterday evening after eating a piece of bread and some fruits and it was 7.6. Will you please advise if this reading is ok? Thanks

Recent questions on  Diabetes

Hi, i recently got married in the month of april, i have started getting cracks on the upper part of the skin covering the red head of my penis, there also is some extra skin growth type (may be warts) on the lower side of the penis head which has increased from 1 to 3, now i can see one on my wife's private part too, please advise. Age-35, Height-175cm, Weight-81, Family History has Sugar in family (Diabetes), please advice as m too worried.

I am 44. Fifteen years passed after my marriage. I have no child. My semen volume is too small to give specimen for tests (2 to 3 drops). I am also diabetic for last three years. Chlostrol level remain above 200. Lower level of blood pressure remain at 90. What should I do now increase semen volume and become father.

this past year i had my first child. and gained forty pounds which put me at 270. i had gestational diabetes but not any symptoms since. but lately while doing nothing i will feel my heart rate increase rapidly for a few seconds. what could be the cause?

My father s pancreas has shut down, and he was told that especially with his diabetes, that his kidneys are soon to follow. I was looking online the other day and found some sort of implant that can be put in now, that has helped 50% of those who tried it, from developing full kidney failure, but now I can not find the name of the implant so that we can talk to his doctor about it. Can anyone tell me the name of this? It was like 3 or 4 letters long...

Yes, really I would like to know why after I eat I feel drained, sometimes shaky and need to go to sleep

Hello. For the past few weeks I have been urinating a lot and my urine is very clear. Is this cause for concern?

We have consulted a doctor and she has prescribed Tab Duphaston (10 mg) twice daily. Could you advise us of its purpose and if it has any side effects in long-term. We would really appreciate your advice on this.