can i massage someone who has had a deep vein thrombosis?

can you massage someone who has had a deep vein thrombosis? a client has booked in for a pedicure, can i massage ?
Thu, 17 Dec 2009
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
Treatment/Therapy
's  Response
definately not no google the words........... deep vein thrombosis and massage copied and pasted a bit for you Leg exercises are important to prevent pooling of blood in the legs. If you have had major surgery, walking as soon as possible after the surgery will help lower your risk of having DVT. If you are unable to exercise, ask your health care provider if you should have someone massage your lower legs and move your legs through some range-of-motion exercises. If you are currently being treated for DVT, do not massage your legs as the clot may break loose.