brown spotting for only 2 days when i was supposed to have my period

I am 18 years old and have been on birth control for 4 months have been having a normal period all those months. just this month i have had brown spotting for only 2 days when i was supposed to have my period. its creeping me out cause it has never happened to me before. and things i am reading online are saying pregnant. is that what it could be or just What could it be?

Mon, 26 Oct 2009
's  Response

Chances of pregnancy on birth control pills is less than 1% if you have been taking them regularly as advised i.e. each day of the cycle in the right order around almost same time of the day . In either case dont freakout ....get a Urine pregnancy test done or better still Serum beta HCG test ( which is a more sensitive blood pregnancy test but also more expensive test ) if you have history of irregular pill intake. Let me know what the results are and i can guide from there on . Best of luck.

Anonymous's Response
Anonymous's  Response

I suggest you to meet a gynecologist, bcos it could be something called as PID.