Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

<br>Small cluster like rash around hair follicle, tender and looks like a bump. What could this be?<br>

Hello, I m an 18 year old woman, and I noticed a small cluster-like rash on my right hand based around my hair follicles. This rash does not itch , but is tender when aggravated. I took a mid-day nap and the majority pf redness and pimples went away. Today, I woke up and the rash had basically disappeared, with only a couple barely-noticable skin-colored bumps. I m not sure what this could be, and I m hoping for a possible answer. Thank you so much
Asked On : Thu, 14 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  22
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query.

You might be suffering from folliculitis of scalp.

It is a common and recurrent condition.

Usually presents with pus filled lesion,

But may present as red bumps also.

Treatment with medicated shampoos and oral antibiotics is often helpful.

Dont worry you may get relief with this.

Please meet a dermatologist and discuss regarding this.

Let me know if you have any other doubt.

you can ask a direct question to me on this forum, following the below link.

Wishing you a good health.
Thank you
Answered: Wed, 17 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor