Owl Image

big bubble of blood right under my eye

i was accidentally elbowed in the eye and i have a big bubble of blood right under my eye what do i do?
Sat, 2 Jan 2010
  Anonymous's Response

blood collection under the eye need to be removed if it is quite big, or else it can be left like that only to slowly melt away over a period of time if the blood collection is small.

Anonymous's Response

it's pretty big, the bubble takes up where my eye bag is and is almost in side my eyelid on the bottom. how is it removed? should i make an appointment?

This is a hematoma of the lower eyelid. It usually goes away without any consequence.

For more detail visit

http://sites.google.com/site/eyediseases/