Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

acalculous cholestytis

My father is diagnosed with acalculous cholestytis and was admitted in hospital for 4 days and was given antibiotics and is fine now. I wanted to know is surgery required or will it be cured by antibiotics. He does not have pain in abdomen now

Asked On : Thu, 31 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  290
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. Acalulous choecystitis secondary to infection can be treated with antibiotics alone. Surgery in such cases is indicated if there are any impending complications developing.  However if the cause has been some other factor, then surgery is mandatory folllowing a course of antibiotics... So  leave it to the treating doctor to decide it surgery is essential in your dad....

Answered: Thu, 31 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor