Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Zit on the center of forehead, clear fluid on squeezing, has enlarged over the years. Remedy?

Had a small red bump that looked to be a zit on the center of my forehead . Tried to squeeze once and it hurt and a little clear fluid came out. I didn t touch it again after that and it started to get worse. And now two days later its the size of a silver dollar and looks like there s a eight in layer under my skin filled with fluid and it hurts to the touch and inches.
Asked On : Wed, 9 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  33
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Welcome to healthcare magic
It could be a sebaceous cyst which got inflamed and infected due to squeezing. You would require a course of antibiotics and anti inflammatories. Consult your primary care physician and get these prescribed.
Once infection subsides you may consider surgical excision of the cyst at a later date.
Hope this helped
Take care
Answered: Fri, 2 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor