Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Yellowish white discoloration on fingers, turning black, occurs due to cold weather. Which specialist should I see?

Hi Dr. xxxx. I m having a problem with my fingers whenever I go outside into cold weather or touch something thats even slightly cold. They all start to turn a yellowish white color. When I warm them up they start to turn a purplish, blackish color. What kind of doctor would I go to see for this? Also, how serious of a condition could this be?
Asked On : Sat, 19 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  26
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
Apr 2013
Hi and welcome to Healthcare magic.Thank you for the query.
it sounds like raynaoud syndrome and it can be disease for itself or it can be part of some autoimmune disorder so you need to see rheumatologist or urologist and check your blood flow in this area and do specific vascular and neurologic tests.
Wish you good health. Regards
Answered: Thu, 18 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor