Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Yellowish vaginal discharge with foul smell. Tested negative for chlamydia and gonorrhea. Could it be from urinary bladder infection?

I have a creamy light yellow vaginal discharge and it itches and has a foul odor. What could it be and how can i getvrid of it? I told my doctor they tested me for gohonerra and chlamydia and it was negative they said it could be from my bladder infection but im over that now and this is still here. i got this after i had intercourse.
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  109
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks For the query.

Your symptoms of foul smelling yellowish vaginal discharge suggests trichomonas infection.
I suggest you to get a vaginal swab test for diagnosis.
Treatment of choice for trichomonas infection is metronidazole.
Your partner should also be treated at the same time to prevent reinfection and further spread of the disease.
In addition, avoid sex until you complete treatment and have no symptoms.
It is important to take all of your antibiotics, even if you feel better.
Hope this helps.
Dr Nilofer
Answered: Fri, 22 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor