Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Yellowish color in white of eyes. Normal blood test. Reason?

hi sir........... one of my driver had come with the following problem. he had noticed yellow color in the white part of eyes.he assumed it to be jaundice and consulted a doctor at his village.all required blood tests were done.all reports came as normal.still he has yellow color of eyes. he has this problem for the past 2 years. he drinks alcohol once in a month or twice. what could be the reason for this????
Asked On : Wed, 19 Dec 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  77
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Jan 2013
Thanks for posting your query.
Few of the people have muddy sclera which appears to be yellow in color.
Kindly ask him whether he has any past history of jaundice or not.
Sometimes jaundice at any time of life may cause discoloration of sclera permanently.
Does he has yellow discoloration of urine/ loss of appetite/ vomiting/ abdominal pain/ itching in body?
He should go for ultrasound imaging along with repeat liver function test.
If he is getting yellow colored stool with normal color urine then there is no chance of jaundice.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava

Answered: Wed, 19 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Parthipan K's  Response
Hi pavrang welcome to HCM,

Since you given the history of yellowish discoloration of conjuctiva(white of eyes) for more than 2 years, jaundice or infectious causes may be easily excluded...
It may be due to fat deposits beneath the conjuctiva or fatty degeneration of conjuctiva (pingecula). Both are relatively harmless conditions but its better to consult an ophthalmologist......
With regards,
Dr. Parthipan
Answered: Wed, 19 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor