Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Yellow urine and eyes due to jaundice. Diagnosed with enlarged liver. High fever. What to do?

hi my Husband is suffering with jaundice , his eyes yellow and urine color is also yellow, we are giving liv 52 and sweet juice, food without oil. he is not taking food but juice glucose , earlier dignosed with enlarge liver but that time jaundice not visible, he suffers fever upto 103 at night , what we should do as we alredy confused about his condition, he is active but not taking food himself
Asked On : Sat, 27 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  28
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
Apr 2013
Hi and welcome to HCM.
You should go to hospital. This can be acute cholangitis or some other intraabdominal infection The right cause of jaundice must be found usually this is biliary obstruction or hepatiits but you cant treat it without exact cause. He should do ultrasound and liver enzymes at least . ANd follow hepatoprotective diet,reduce fever too, WIsh you good health.
Answered: Sun, 28 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
General Surgeon Dr. Hari Charan Perigela's  Response
Jaundice is a self limiting disease caused by virus.
Oily foods should be avoided.
You are giving correct diet.
Please get his liver function tests,Tests for Hepatitis B,C viruses,Ultrasound abdomen to rule out obstructive jaundice.
Please consult a Gastroenterologist and proceed.
If the Bilirubin levels are not too high,nothing to worry
Wish him speedy recovery
Answered: Sat, 27 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor