Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Yeast infection likely? Have an inflammation in vagina. Change diet?

I have an inflammation on my vagina! Biopsie has been done with negative results for stds hpv everything.. I have not had a period in 2 years I ve gained 20 lbs.. In the last 8 months I have dealt with this issue, intercourse has become painfull and the look of my privates have become embaressing! I ve been to 3 different gyno s n they all said just stop looking at it n it will go away.. I ve taken stuff for yeast infections, changed my diet . Nothing seems to be resolving my problem. I have the implanon in and this December is when it s opposed to be taken out! The rah or lichen looking stuff surrounds and covers my clitorus, and around it and down the outer edge of my vulva! It does not itch but again intercourse hurts like hell and takes me days to recover and it s very disturbing! I m so emotional strung out by this and financially spent!! Can someone please help me
Asked On : Sat, 13 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  32
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Jul 2012
Hey Michelle.

First of all i dont quite understand" Are the doctors' recommending them not looking at it or You not looking at it in the hope it will 'disappear'?"

Second, dermatology is a visual field. For best results, please click a clear digital photograph & upload it on this site. Should you prefer privacy, use our "ask-a-specialist"

It is possible the condition you are describing is 'morphea' or 'lichen sclerosus et atrophicus' from your description but again online speculation. Do visit a dermatologist on the dis-respect to my gynecology colleagues, but such matters are better dealt with by a dermatologist.

Once again, good luck...use a KY jelly lubricant in the interim & do fix an appointment with your friendly neighbourhood dermatologist . Cheers!

Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Dermatologist, Cosmetologist, Venereologist
Vikram Hospital, Bangalore, India.
Answered: Sat, 13 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor