Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Yeast infection/ bad breath..

Hi, I am a 17 year old girl. I am pretty sure I have a yeast infection. I don't know how I contracted it (sex possibly). What I would like to know is, are there any home remedies I could try before I get the time to see a doctor? Also, my boyfriend who has been having oral sex with me has had "mothball" breath recently. Is this relevant? If not, is it possible that he may need any type of treatment as well or look for certain signs. We have both been tested and have both been monogamous.
Asked On : Tue, 1 Jun 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  524
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Nephrologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query

Since both of u r monogamous and still very young with no co morbidities like diabetes, not on steroids. It is least likely that u will have an infection of fungal origin.U could get fungal origin infection in moist climate
Please get yourself examined
Your boyfriend should gargle his mouth with betadine twice daily to take care of his foul breath

Have a healthy life
Answered: Sat, 10 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor