Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

Xray shows peribronichial thickening around left hilum and upper zones, patchy consolidation in the right lower zone. What next ?

I got my xray report - There is peribronichial thickening thickening around mainly the left hilum but also in upper zones, that is probably related to air and intercurrent lower respiratory tract infection There is also patchy consolidation in the right lower zone inferior to the right hilum in the middle lobe. Could you please advice me what I should do? Many thanks in advance AAAA
Asked On : Sat, 22 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  164
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Pulmonologist 's  Response
Apart from xray you need to do other tests as well such as blood counts to know how much infection, sputum tests for tb. Meanwhile you continue taking antibiotics and repeat xray after 1 week to see if there has been any increase in shadows so as to act accordingly.
Answered: Fri, 6 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor