Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

X-ray ILL defined densities are see in the right upper lungfield.What does it means?

hi, my girl friend chest x-ray ILL defined densities are see in the right upper lungfield, impression is P.T.B RIGHT OF UNDETERMINED ACTIVITY CLINICAL AND BACTERIOLOGIC CORRELATION IS SUGGESTED what does it means? we also go to clinic, and the doctor give her 4 kinds of different tablet, rifampicin 450 mg 1X/day 7am, pyrazinamide 500 mg 3X/day 8am 2pm 8pm, isoniazid 300 mg 1X/day 8am and Ethambutol 400 mg 2X/day 8am,8pm and vitamin B complex with out sputum smear test. . what should we do?? im just confused. she already taking the medicines for 5 days. . and the weight of my girlfriend is only 48 kg. . thank you, hoping for ur responce. . gob bless
Asked On : Wed, 16 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  1261
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, Welcome to Healthcare Magic Forum.
Your Girlfriend has been diagnosed with Pulmonary Tuberculosis (PTB). Ask your Doctor for a Sputum examination report to confirm it. Let her take the medicines regularly for 3 months, to 6 months to 1 year. And please note that it is completely curable and if she doesn't take the medicine as directed, chances are that it may relapse. Take Care.
Answered: Wed, 16 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Homeopath Dr. Arif. K. Kaware's  Response
welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.
The X-ray shows some ill defined densities & the impression given it of Pulmonary TB.X-ray alone is not diagnostic so I hope the doctor has already done blood test (CBC & ESR) & also skin test called Mantoux test.Also your girlfriend may be having low grade fever;cough;weight loss which are symptoms of PTB .That may be the reason the doctor has started on anti-tuberculous drugs.If it is PTB she will be benefitted in a weeks time or 10 days.You can wait till then .If she is not improving after this period or she is getting worse then may be you can take a second opinion.
wish her good health .
Answered: Wed, 16 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor