Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

Wrist pain, unable to put weight on it, pulsing sensation. X-ray shows arthritic deterioration. Cure?

I have total wrist pain... am dropping things that are slightly heavy because it hurts. I cannot put weight on my wrist. It throbs and feels hot. the pulse in the wrist encompasses about two square inches. xray shows normal arthritic deterioration // but the pain is bad../. almost two months now and getting worse...
Asked On : Fri, 15 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  41
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response

Thanks for writing to us,

Arthritic wrist is difficuilt to cure.
Intra-articular steroid will give temperary relief .
Arthroscopic repair may give long term relief.

Physiotherapy will help in reducing pain and swelling.
If not relieved then wrist arthrodesis or joint replacement are surgical options.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Wishing you good health.

Take care.
Answered: Wed, 30 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor