Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Wrist pain, muscle damaged, vitamin d deficiency

i have pain in wrist ,as per xray ,no damage to bone is confirmed,its damage to muscle ,and doc says its due to defficiency of vitamin D ,i have done ultra sound therapy for 15 days,the pain is not all time ,but while locking door,combing hair,removing stuff from my trouser pockets name is rekha ,staying in mumbai....please advise
Asked On : Sat, 2 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  102
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Gastroenterologist, Surgical 's  Response
Dear Ms Rekha,
Thanks for writting in HCM.
You need to take a full course of vitamin supplements. If physiotherapy has given partial relief its a good sign and is more suggestive of degenerative strain. I would advise you to apply hot water fomentations to the affected part and move the wrist while immersed in warm water. Thereafter apply a mild analgesic liniment. Use a good quality wrist band which is available in various sports shops. That will give significant relief.
With regards
Answered: Sat, 2 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor