Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Wrist bone is tight, swollen. Thumb hurts. What is the problem?

I thought my thumb was hurting, but when I examined myself further I notice that it feels like a bone in my wrist is loose. My wrist feels tight looks swollen and my thumb can barely b moved forward or back it hurts and feels very tight. The pain seems to b getting worse as time goes on. I have had this for two months already. I just woke up like this one morning
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  50
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Jul 2013
Hi, Thanks for writing. It looks like you have some problem either in the bone or joints of your thumb. Undergoing a plain xray of your hand will reveal the diagnosis. As you are already having the problem for the past 2 months, i suggest you to act quick. Consult an orthopedic surgeon and follow his advise. Good luck
Answered: Sat, 20 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor