Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Would it be a good idea to investigate oesophagus problems as my 2 year old daughter has vertebrea and anal anomalies ?

hi, my 2 yr old little girl was born with anal atresia , tethered spinal cord, and curveture of her spine......she has problems swallowing and chokes on food and drink at times as well as having slight reflux, she has had a barium swallow to check for pyloric stenosis which she doesnt have but her detician is telling me to ignore her choking and reflux as she believes it is all her doing it through chose and its not a medical problem! surly it would be a good idea to investigate eosephaguos problems as she has vertebrea and anal anomolies?
Asked On : Fri, 25 Mar 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  35
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, Welcome to Healthcare Magic Forum.
Considering her other medical problems, it is better you get her examined by a Gastroenterologist to rule out any esophageal pathology via Endoscopy.
Good Luck.
Answered: Fri, 25 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor