Would embolization help in case of inguinal hernia and varicocele and is surgery really required for both the problems?

I have a very slight inguinal hernia on the left and also a varicocele which caused discomfort 40& of the time. The hernia is "just as little fat' seeping through. Anyway, he wants to fix both in one shot. I had an open inguinal on the right and it was a major inconvenience. Question is, do i have to do both? Can't I just have an embolization" or something less invasive? ..dont want to go thru surgery again.
Fri, 10 Jan 2014
Hi, Embolisation is a treatment for varicocele. It cannot treat hernia. Both the condition should be treated with surgery. If you are not willing for open surgery, hernia can be treated with less invasive procedures like Total extraperitoneal repair of inguinal hernia. It is minimal invasive surgery with good outcome .Hope this helps. Take care.