Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Would acupuncture help in treating samters triad ?

Hi. I ve a condition called samters triad. Last wednesday i was suppose to go for sinus surgery . 2 weeks ago i cancelled it as there were too many risks and not enough benefits/advantages. I did ask the consultant when i went to him if the surgery was successful. He replied No, polyps will return and the surgery is only temporary. There s no cure for your condition . I then decided well the surgery won t be of much benefit to me. Can you advise me of other alternatives that work other than the diet? Would acupuncture do anything for me?
Asked On : Sun, 3 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  135
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Endoscopic Sinus Surgery is usually offered after failure of medical therapy which should include an anti allergic, an anti leukotriene and a steroid nasal spray. Use of a Surgical Debrider helps achieve good clearance of polyps. To reduce recurrence, the medical therapy has to be continued post operatively along with attempts at desensitization.
Answered: Sun, 3 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor