Would Misoprostol orally and rectally followed by Quinine Dihydrochloride injection 3 days later complete an abortion?

I got pregnant and didn t want it. The ultrasound scan I did put it at 5weeks and 5 days. I visited a doctor the next day and he administered 400ug of misoprostol orally and 200ug rectally. I bled heavily that evening and the next morning. Bleeding became scanty and eventually stopped by evening. I went back to the doctor and he administered a quinine dihydrochloride injection 3 days after the initial misoprostol. It s almost an hour now and I still feel no blood. I m scared. Could the abortion have gone through? Or do I need to be use another 800 ug of misoprostol again?
Wed, 23 Jan 2019
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

In my opinion, you need not worry at the present moment. Completion of abortion can be confirmed by USG scan. It is advisable for you to consult your doctor and have USG scan to confirm abortion. If I were your consulting doctor, I would like to advise you:

- Use one of the contraceptive (oral pills, condom, birth control patch, copper-T)
-If you want to conceive then plan it properly.

I hope this will help. Feel free to contact for any further queries.
OBGYN Dr. Shanti Vennam's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Since you were in the early weeks of pregnancy, the products of conception are very small and usually passed along with a blood clot. If the bleeding has stopped completely, a follow up sonogram after two weeks is sufficient to detect any retained products. I do not use Quinine and I also go for a slightly higher dose of the medication. Please ask your consultant on further plan of action.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Shanti Vennam