Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

Worried about my 2.3 yr son speaking very less. Any suggestions

My son is 2.3 yrs till he is speaking very well He is understs, listens well and some poem s to be speal done. but after 2.5 to presently he is speaking very less. He is understands, listens well and speak very less, he is continue to second problems for loose motion . after medicine some days still but again repeat problems for eg : only mumma, papa, etc. but has not so much fluency. please suggest us
Asked On : Tue, 23 Nov 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  152
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases 's  Response
Welcome to healthcare magic.
By 21/2 yr a child should usually speak in a sentence, able to follow commands and may sing a poem.
If your child is just speaking bi syllables then he has a mild speech can try to encourage him to speak to other kids while playing or better, send him to playgroup, since sometimes kids learn best with other kids.If persistent this problem requires consultation with a speech therapist or atleast initial consultation with your pediatrician.
Hope I have answered your query.
Answered: Fri, 26 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor