Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Worms found in a 3 years kids stool, is there any remedies for it ?

I have a kid of 3 yr, he always has some problem when he passes motion. he also cries a lot while passing motion. he also passes some white color worms in the motion. is there any remedies for it. he eats lot of mud also. doctor gave him some syrup, he was fine for few days. again he is having the same issue.
Tue, 7 Jun 2011
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
Your son has intestinal parasitic infestation and requires medicines for that.mebendazole is the name of the medicine and his doctor should prescribe it.Also the eating of mud,is a symptom of worm infestation and anemia called 'pica'.Please see his peadictrician again.
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
I think he has lot of worms in his stomach. First thing give medications for this worms. Due to this he has having lot of issues. Donot make him to eat outside food. Give him the ealthy foods prepared at home. Ask your pediatricians for the medications for worms. This should help him
  User's Response

This happened to me when I was younger. I was walking barefoot and had a cut on the bottom of my foot and stepped in dog poop that contained worms. My mom took me to the dr and he have me some meds and I was fine.

  User's Response
worms will cause motion and some worms also cause anaemia to some its better to get rid of thyem by taking medication
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor