Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Working area has droppings of bats, have developed itchy sores in creases of ears, scabs on scratching. What could this be?

I work at a mechanic shop which has bats in the ceiling that leave droppings at night. Myself and fellow coworkers have developed a sore in our ears that itches, scabs over when scratched and is worsesome. It is in the crease inside the ear and is hard to reach. I have been using peroxide and topical creams thinking it is some type of parasite but have had no change. Do you know of what this could be?
Asked On : Tue, 9 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  60
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Cardiologist 's  Response
Take care - it could either be allergy. It could be infection - bacterial or fungus. It is not possible to conclude from your description. You must see an ENT specialist - he has instruments to see / he can take scrapings to test and so on
Bats can also be responsible for Rabies!
Take care
Good luck
Answered: Tue, 9 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor