Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

Work with kids, one little girl has bruises on inner thighs, suspicion of physical abuse. Recommendations?

Working with some kids. a cousin told me one of the little girls had bruises on her inner thighs a year ago. told the mom who did nothing. i talked with police today. they said they can t question the little girl. she has to go to them. i told CYS and they say the same thing. I can t rest until she gets help but no one will help. so far, not even the parents. the little girl is currently nine and told CYS that her uncle touched her but will not say more.
Thu, 13 Dec 2012
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Pediatrician 's  Response
This is a very sensitive matter.The child needs to be taken into complete confidence an questioned by the people she loves and relies upon. She should be explained that nobody should touch her except her mother in those private places.If she has been abused or medical examination shows some evidence of it then the concerned authorities must be informed and swift action should be taken.But care should be taken to protect the child at all costs.Counselling maybe needed.
Hope this matter to be resolved soon
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor