Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Womb infection after miscarriage. Can I conceive again?

I have had 3 womb infections since i had a misscarriage last january and i also have a lump (downstairs which i think could be a bart something but now they are telling me that i may have too much damage to my womb to be able to conceive again unless the damage repairs itself becase its apparently inoperable.... do you have any idea whats wrong with me or even a name for what could be as the doctors arent really saying much my next appointment isnt untill the 18th of feb.
Asked On : Sun, 10 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  70
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi thanks for your question.
You had infection of uterus following an abortion,most probably septic abortion.Septic abortion do leads to formation of adhesions in uterus which makes the carrying of next pregnancy difficult.S eptic abortion also leads to formation of what is called as tubo ovvarain mass (TOM) in which tubes,pelvic tissue and uterus makes a single mass making conception difficult.TOM can get resolved with treatment over a time period.Addesions in uterus can be released by hystroscopy.The mass your feeling lower down could be inflammed and hypertrophied cervix,which can also resolve over a time period with treatment.
Hope this answers your question.
Answered: Fri, 28 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor