Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Will unani medicine be effective for curing urine infection in one with prostate problem ?

my dad 61 yrs old is having urine infection ,the pus cells are 15-20...what is to be done?are the PUS cells too large?plzzz answer me..Also he is having prostate problem...Will the unani medicine be effective..
Asked On : Mon, 13 Feb 2012
Answers:  5 Views:  388
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
Uti is very common problem and easily cured with herbal medicines. As your father is also having BPH the drug of choice in such cses will be tab bangshil [ alarsin ] the infective part will be cured in no time.
dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul
Answered: Sat, 7 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Ashutosh Thigale's  Response
Hello there,

Well U T I is also related with prostate problem. Firstly one should rectify the basic cause for the cumulative diseases. I am giving this ans in general way-

In most of the patients of this age,this problem is generally found.This is due to the vayu (apana) vikruti. Now due to this sama vayu, the digestive problems also occurs.


- the patient should get basti (enema) chikitsa [niruha+anuvasa] successively at least for 7 days.

- varunadi quath/gokshuradi/anantadi/dashmool quath are the best medicines along with

- gokshuradi guggule/arogyavardhni rasa/shilajatwadi vattak/tapyadi loha/godanti bhasma/chandrakala rasa/amruteprash ghritam etc.
Answered: Wed, 5 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Munish Sood's  Response
1. at his age before opting for any system of medicine, make sure you have consulted an Urologist, who might do a P/R examination to know the condition of prostate, and will ask for PSA level to rule out any Malignancy and USG of Prostate gland to know the grade of Problem.
2. pus cells might be suggesting urine infection due to prostate, so do check first with Urology Doctor and then continue forward.
Answered: Mon, 5 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Homeopath Dr. Dhara Shah's  Response
hi welcome to hcm.see first he have to drink plenty of fluid.drink cranberry juice which is also affective in treatment of urine infection.the pus cell is not too also go for homoeopathy which affects him both in urine infection and prostate problem.
Answered: Mon, 9 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Pathologist and Microbiologist Dr. M Agarwal's  Response
Hello. Welcome to HCM.
At your father's age, prostate enlargemnt is common and will cause multiple urinary symptoms. With retention of urine, there will be urinary tract infection. Now 15-20 pus cells in urine are increased but not too much a cause of worry. Make sure, he drinks plenty of water, so that the infection washes off by itself. Now as far as prostate enlargement is concerned, threre are surgical and homeopathic treatment options available. It depends on the size and volume of increased prostate, along with PSA level. It will not be very advisable to get a unani medicine for the same.
Take care.
Answered: Tue, 14 Feb 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor