Will thyroid disease affect conception?

Hi doctor after one year we are trying to get pregnant but it s not possible so we are consultating the doctor. Doctor taking the blood test then result is I suffered to teriod and hermons problem. so doctor advicedo eltroxin 50mg ,dostinex0,5 mg ,folic um 5mg and dupbaston .I am getting pregnant or not doctor pls must answer. Thank you
Thu, 24 Dec 2015
Thanks for posting in HCM.
I understand your concern.
Decreased thyroid hormone levels in blood called 'hypothyroidism' is known to cause infertility and affect conception.
Hence, when diagnosed with decreased thyroid hormone status, thyroid hormones need to be supplemented so as to keep its levels at optimum to aid increase in chances of conception.
Also, after conceiving, thyroid hormones need to be maintained properly, as it is essential to continue pregnancy and prevent miscarriage.
Kindly follow the advise as given by your doctor. It would take sometime to restore the hormone levels to normal and improve your chances to get pregnant. Hence, have patience until then.
Hope the information provided would be helpful.
All the best.