Will this mass grow back?

I had an echocardiogram when I was 7 1/2 months pregnant 18 months ago (after a heart murmur was detected). The results showed a minor abnormality but I could continue with my pregnancy and delived naturally. I was followed up a year later. The echo had shown a right atrial mass and thickening of the wall. I was sent for a further echo (1 year after the first) which the sonographer said showed my heart was normal. The cardio dept have said that the mass has greatly reduced and they are less concerned. However they were surprised about the results as they thought it was a structural defect. In addition, they have no clue what this mass could be. I am scheduled for a transoesphegal echo in a few weeks to see if there is any residue. I am petrified what this could mean. Will this mass grow back?
Fri, 14 Dec 2018
Cardiologist 's  Response

Your symptoms could be related to a blood clot or a tumour. Anyway, both these conditions have no regression. Anyway, I agree with your doctors that a transesophageal cardiac ultrasound would give much more information on the nature of this lesion.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Ilir Sharka, Cardiologist