Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Will there be complications in pregnancy if a couple has same blood group ?

Dear Doc, I M Male 29 India, What If mine and my would be wife have blood group AB+ve, what should I do proceed or not, Reasons for Yes or NO ? Kindly reply...
Asked On : Mon, 27 Jun 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  278
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcomw to HealthcareMagic
If you and your would be wife have the same blood group AB+ it does not make any difference or create any health problems for you or your wife.The + or - blood group matters only when a female gives birth to a baby.For example if a negative mother of any blood group gives birth to a baby of a positive of any blood group it can pose incompatibiity problems to mother which can be taken care and avoided if the mother is given injection of Anti-D with in 24-48 hours of delivery.In your case there is no problem as both are positive.
Answered: Fri, 1 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor