Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online

Will there be any problem if i married a relative of the same blood group ?

sir i am going to marry an girl of O- blood group and i am O+. can i marry her and even she is my relative.
Asked On : Thu, 1 Sep 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  119
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
hi,thanks for query.There is no problem with blood group,but if she is your relative then you need to take care,as marriages in near relative can lead to problem in kids.Any how if you want to marry her,please take help from a genetics specialist who can help by matching your genes profile.
wishing you good health.
Answered: Thu, 1 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Sumanth.P's  Response

Thanks for posting your query.

You can marry her but there is a risk of she getting aborted due to a condition called Erythroblastosis foetalis.
Your wife needs to take a Anti Rh-D antibodies before you plan to conceive.
So you can consult a physician when you plan to conceive and proceed accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query.

Wishing you good health.

Answered: Thu, 1 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor