Will the physician prescribe medications for anxiety and sleeping aid?

I received some shocking news about an abnormal pap smear today and I cannot seem to stop crying for long before I start again. I have known major depression disorder and anxiety problems and see a psychiatrist. I was a little concerned that my hands were beginning to feel numb after sobbing a lot. I know my reaction is intense.. but my existing emotional state plus this potentially bad news is wrecking havoc on me. I am concerned that I will not be able to sleep at night from worry... When I go to my physician, would it be reasonable to expect she would grant me some sort of sleeping or anxiety aid?
Tue, 28 Jan 2014