Owl Image

Will taking premolut nor previously cause in having no period ?

hello,im 26 and i weigh 50kg my height is 168 cm last month i took premolut nor to have my period. i got my period after this but now i missed it and i haven t done any sexual activity ... could the medicine be the reason ? and if so what could be done?
Sun, 29 Jan 2012
Naturopathy & Yoga Specialist 's  Response
Hello

Yes, the hormone pill which you have taken is the reason for disturbance in your monthly cycle. This time you wait for it to happen naturally and then on try to balance. Avoid taking such medicines which will disturb the natural rhythm.

Also would suggest you to go on a nutritious food with good amount of exercises to aid you to bring back the rhythm.

Dr.Sneha
Sama Wellness Clinic

Disclaimer

Infertility Specialist Dr. Abhishek S. Parihar's  Response
Hi
Welcome to HealthcareMagic
Delayed periods could be due to hormonal disorder ( if pregnancy has been ruled out) like polycystic ovarian disease, thyroid disorder or hyperprolactinemia. Consult a gynecologist for thorough investigations and treatment. primolut is a progesterone which given to get periods in cases where there is hormonal disturbance due to excessive estrogen. It leads to withdrawal bleeding usually within 5-7 days of stoppage of drug. So this drug cant be cause of your missed period. Take care.