Will taking clindamycin increase chances of nausea and diarrhea?

Hi I tested positive for a tiny amount of group b strep and must have IV antibiotics during labor. I ve had nausea and diarrhea while taking an antibiotic several years ago. I believe it was penicillin, but I am not 100% sure. My midwife has recommended clindamycin instead, but I am now learning that could have a slightly higher chance of effecting my breastmilk and giving baby side effects. Is this true?
Tue, 23 Jul 2019

Clindamycin is safe for use during breastfeeding. It can cause mild nausea but the incidence of diarrhea is less with it. No need to worry. It is safe for you.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Rakhi Tayal, OBGYN