Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice. You are having Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS). I want to explain you few sign and symptoms of pcos. PCOS is recognised as an entity occurring in young females with chronic anovulation
with estrogen presence and having the following symptoms:
1. Androgen excess amnifesting as hirsutism and acne.
2. Menses irregularities, dysfunctional uterine bleeding
(as in your case irregular bleeding present with amenorrhea).
3. Obesity with glucose intolerance (as you are having over weight, so this is due to pcos).
1. Alteration in LH/FSH ratio.
2. Elevated serum testosterone
3. Ultrasound findings, of atretric follicles with increased ovarian stroma.
I mentioned all these so that you can understand more about your disease. Duphastone, for example dydrogesterone
is also prescribed for irregular bleeding, for infertility
, dysfunctional uterine bleeding, and endometriosis
So your doctor prescribed a right dose for your case because you are having irregular bleeding, amenorrhea, and infertility. Duphastone is also indicated for endometriosis. So take this drug and consult your doctor for infertility or another infertility specialist.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi