Will taking Duphaston on the 14th day of the cycle hinder ovulation?

Hi, m 30 years old, weight 68 Kg Height 5.2 feet married for 7 years had two abortions my question is from gynaecologist : I m a dioagnosed case of PCOS , and have very irregular periods almost once in 3 to 4 months, i am trying really hard to lose weight under dr's supervision but thats also not working. My O n G has prescribed me Tab Duphaston from 14th day to 25th day of evey cycle for six months. My question is as my cycle is not regular and ovulation does not occur on 14th day of cycle so is there any chance that taking duphaston on 14th day of every cycle can stop or hinder ovulotion to occur? and also how can i reduce the risk of endometrial carcinoma and other risks associated with PCOS in old age?
Fri, 25 Jul 2014