Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Will stem cell treatment help to recover from Partial Agenesis of Corpus Callosum? Any medication?

I have 11 years old daughter with Partial Agenesis of the Corpus Callosum . I have heard that the stem cells treatment can help in compliting the corpus callosum. I would appreciate your comments and opinion in this matter. Also, if you know anything what the medicine can help with this diagnose. Thank you Manuela YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Mon, 17 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  173
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
Feb 2013
Stem cell treatment is yes definetly a promising treatment option in the modern medicine and yet to be established in certain diseases and giving good results in some disorders. In your child aspect better to consult your neurologist and discuss these aspects whether there is any scope for this treatment modality. In Partial agenesis of Corpus Callosum the refractory seizures and mental retardation are associated features and anticonvulsant drugs are required and some times multiple drugd are required to control seizures.
Answered: Tue, 18 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor