Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

Will rh incompatible leads to miscarriage ?

dr. hello i m pregnant from april and i m rh incompatible.i heard if this problem lead misscarriage and all .kindly pls tell me which thing i shud take care to avoid miscarriage and how long this problem of miscarriage wd me and i dont wana loose my baby at all.......................... i want to edit this question i had took some pills in 2010 september to aviod baby as some financial problems and after dat 2011 i want baby and dis is my second chance to concieve................. so wat effects of rh incompatibity there and i have negative and my hubby has positive blood group................ is dere chance os miscarriage .................??????????????????????
Asked On : Tue, 28 Jun 2011
Answers:  5 Views:  254
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
welcome to HCM
read your prob , Rh incompatibility is not uncommon prob . it happens if mother is Rh negative , during first child Rh antibody appear in mother which are the cause of miscarrige at 2nd prgnancy. so you should get Anti -D injection as per advise of your doc, ,for preventing further complication.
Dr aseem 9982583020
Answered: Tue, 28 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
welcome to HealthcareMagic
If the blood group of husband is positive and the wife is negative and if the baby's blood group is positive then there are chances of Rh incompatibility.But the chances of incompatibility are less in first pregnancy but if the baby's blood group is negative there is no chance of incompatibility.So do not worry take medicine from your Gynaec doctor to avoid miscarriage.Also get a indirect Coomb's test(it is a blood test) done and if that is negative then you do not have to worry for Rh incompatibility.
Answered: Tue, 28 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
welcome to HCM
there is problem if child has rh +ve and mother rh -ve
In first pregnancy as blood not mixed(or no miscarriage),no problem comes.
Just you have to take anti-D after pregnancy for future pregnancy.
In second preg Doctor will keep watch for any signs
Wish you happy pregnancy.
Answered: Tue, 28 Jun 2011
OBGYN Dr. Rakhi Tayal's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The chances of miscarriage are seen with the second pregnancy onwards that too if your baby is Rh positive and you do not take the injection of immunoglobulins within 72 hours of the child birth. Your doctor will prescribe you these after delivery.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

Answered: Tue, 28 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Internal Medicine Specialist Dr. Kiran Kumar's  Response

Rh incompatibility is an issues in couples where Wife is Rh Negative and Husband is Rh Positive.

If the child happens to be Rh Positive, its then there can be problem.
Usually the first pregnancy is uneventful. During delivery, the childs blood cells can enter mothers blood stream and mother can develop Anti Rh Antibodies.

Now in second pregnancy if the child is again Rh Positive, the ant Rhantibodies in mother blood can get into childs blood stream through placenta and can destroy the RBCs of the child.
This leads to fetal anemia and problems of miscarriage if sever.

To prevent sensitization of mother in first pregnancy, mother should take Anti D injections (300 mcgs) at 28th and 32nd week and soon after delivery (If child is Positive)

Hope this answers your query

Thanks and Regards

Dr Kiran
Answered: Tue, 28 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor