Will removing clitoris help to reduce compulsive and excessive masturbation ?

I am a 54 yo female. I have a problem with compulsive & excessive masturbation. I skip meals and don t leave my apartment unless something importment happens. This has been going on for 9 months. I was wondering if I had my clitoris removed. Would that solve my problem?
Fri, 30 Nov 2012
hello Ms Anon,
can you tell me if the masturbatory activity is to exclusion of other sexual behavior. do you masturbate for pleasure ;or do you feel edgy and nervous ,and are unable to resist masturbating .
OBGYN Dr. Rhea Chanda's  Response
Hi
This isnt an option.Sexual urges is a complex emotion combining hormonal and psychological elements.You could try counselling with a sex therapist to understand and deal with the problem.