Will polio spread through direct contact ?

Can Polio spread from one person to another person through direct contact like touching? I am just curious whether the Polio will spread.
Wed, 25 Jan 2012
Medical Topics ,  
Hello.
Direct touch does not spread the polio but this disease spreads through feco-oral route. You need to intimate the local health authorities if you come across any such case so that arrangements can be made for vaccination of all the close contacts.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
drtayalrakhi@gmail.com

Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Polio spreads mainly through faeco-oral route. If faeces comes in contact with mouth through food, hands etc. it can spread. Follow proper handwashing procedure to prevent spread of faecooral disease. Encourage mothers in the locality to take their babies of less than 5 years age for polio drops.