Will my tongue get to normalcy if taking Biotene for paresthesia of the tongue?

I have paresthesia of the tongue. It feels like it does after one has burnt their tongue or eaten a LOT of salty popcorn. The taste buds work only at the back or lower back sides of the tongue. Salty foods make it feel worse. Scotch burns it. I was taking diamon for altitude sickness and experienced paresthesia around my mouth, and in my outer extremities for two days before I quit taking it. My tongue looks normal. Thyroid and B12 tests are normal. I have been using biotene for my tongue. Any suggestions? Will my tongue return to normal?
Tue, 5 Jan 2016