Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
129 Doctors are Online

Will it effect social activities, class with hormones or experimentation of drugs and alcohol ?

Hi, I am doing a task on hypertension and one of the questions is how teenagers spesifically can overcome hypertension. like how does the medication work, will it effect social activities, class with hormones or experimentation of drugs and alchol?
Asked On : Tue, 20 Jul 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  257
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Nephrologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query
Teenagers can prevent hypertension ESP if they have a family history of it by not taking up smoking, drinking and not become over weight. Do cardio exercises regularly

About how medications work it Is difficult to tell because there are many class of drugs and each act differently. For eg ace inhibitors acts by inhibiting angiotensin converting enzyme. Like that there are calcium channel blockers, centrally acting ones etc
Have a healthy life
Answered: Tue, 6 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor