Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Will it create any breathing problem if a piece of food went down the wrong pipe in you ?

What do I do if I accidentally swallowed a piece of food (beef jerky) and it went down the wrong pipe I don t really think it s causing breathing problems but it s discomforting I am 14 years old
Asked On : Mon, 13 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  1572
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
FROM your history & symtoms ,it seems that your perception is wrong.
If it has gone into wind pipe,you must have symptoms of cough & breathlessness.
so please forget it & be relaxed.
Answered: Mon, 13 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good Day
It is ideally recommended that you go to the ER and get examined. But if you can't you must understand that there could be a variety of complications including lung infection. If you have any trouble breathing at all, you may go to the ER. Be careful next time.
Answered: Mon, 13 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor