Will history of hysterectomy cause flow of blood in urine ?

When i urinate i have blood when i wipe. I see white anf brown particles floating. I have blood in my urine thru my urine analysis as well. No irritation. Receltly last 1 week i have pain under my left rib after eaiting. Sometimes the pain goes to back of the ribs to shoulders as well. Im a female. I have had hysterectomy.
Tue, 10 Sep 2019

In most cases, this is sign of uroinfection or kidneys stones. This is mainly self-limiting and doesn't require any specific treatment and you should just be patient and have fluids to promote urination.

Less likely it may indicate possible bleeding in urethra, bladder or kidneys from a popped vessel or some other cause.

If this continues you should do urine analysis, urinoculture and kidneys ultrasound to rule these main causes out. You should drink raspberry tea and plenty of water until you do tests.

Also, avoid sexual intercourse and have to keep good hygiene. You should reduce salt in your diet as well since this could lead to increased risk of urinary stone formation.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Iven Romic Rommstein, General Surgeon