Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Will growth spurt help in increasing the height ?

hi i am a female 4 10.5 (148.5cm) and turned 17 end of march. my mother is the same height as me and my father is 5 5 i think. i had my first period at 11 start of april. it seems like i ve never grown since i hit puberty. i m the same height as i was then. since maybe 14 till now i have not been getting sufficient sleep, about 7-8hr/night. do you think it s because of this i don t grow? is height affected more by genes or outside factors like sleep, diet , exercise, etc? will i ever grow taller or get a growth spurt?
Asked On : Fri, 29 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  68
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
it is gene base
diet,sleep etc has no or minor role
in girl growth stop early due to early fusion of bone compare to girl
i dont think u will go to ur father ht,but still ur ht can increase by few cm.
after puberty its stop gradually
Answered: Fri, 29 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor