Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Will getting my ears pierced effect a small hole in my heart ?

Will getting my ears pierced effect a small hole in my heart? I want to get my ears pierced for the second time but i have a small hole in my heart and my parents are using it as an excuse as to why i cant get it done. Will it really effect the hole in my heart if nothing happened to me the 1st time i got them pierced when i was younger?
Asked On : Wed, 16 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  653
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
  User's Response
Aside from the minimal shock/trauma of the piercing the only other concern I can think of is possible infection. It sounds as if your parents are being protective of you. That is part of their job description as parents. Consulting a physician is a good idea. If the doctor says that the risk is negligible then your parents may let you proceed. If the doctor says that some risk is present then you may wish to reconsider. Sounds like you have good parents by the way. Even if they seem to be a pain sometimes. Good luck in life.
Answered: Wed, 16 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor