Owl Image

Will getting my ears pierced effect a small hole in my heart ?

Will getting my ears pierced effect a small hole in my heart? I want to get my ears pierced for the second time but i have a small hole in my heart and my parents are using it as an excuse as to why i cant get it done. Will it really effect the hole in my heart if nothing happened to me the 1st time i got them pierced when i was younger?
Wed, 16 Dec 2009
Aside from the minimal shock/trauma of the piercing the only other concern I can think of is possible infection. It sounds as if your parents are being protective of you. That is part of their job description as parents. Consulting a physician is a good idea. If the doctor says that the risk is negligible then your parents may let you proceed. If the doctor says that some risk is present then you may wish to reconsider. Sounds like you have good parents by the way. Even if they seem to be a pain sometimes. Good luck in life.